TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Definitions and Interpretation
|“Cookie”||means a small file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site;|
|“Cookie Law”||means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and of EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”);|
|“personal data”||means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data, as defined by EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”); and|
|“We/Us/Our”||means Robson Laidler Accountants Limited, a limited company registered in England under company number 09656732, whose registered address is, and whose main trading address is Fernwood House, Fernwood Road, Jesmond, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 1TJ.|
- Information About Us
- Our Site is owned and operated by Robson Laidler Accountants Limited, a limited company registered in England under company number 09656732, whose registered address is Fernwood House, Fernwood Road, Jesmond, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 1TJ.
- Our VAT number is 223902040
- Our Data Protection Officer is Michael Moran, and can be contacted by telephone on0191 2818191, or by post at Fernwood House, Fernwood Road, Jesmond, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 1TJ.
- We are regulated by the ICAEW.
- We are a member of UK200 Group.
- By using Our Site, you may also receive certain third party Cookies on your computer or device. Third party Cookies are those placed by websites, services, and/or parties other than us. Third party Cookies are used on Our Site for tracking website visitors and activity. For more details, please refer to section 4 below.
- All Cookies used by and on Our Site are used in accordance with current Cookie Law. We may use some or all of the following types of Cookie:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies
A Cookie falls into this category if it is essential to the operation of Our Site, supporting functions such as logging in and payment transactions.
- Analytics Cookies
It is important for us to understand how you use Our Site, for example, how efficiently you are able to navigate around it, and what features you use. Analytics Cookies enable us to gather this information, helping us to improve Our Site and your experience of it.
- Functionality Cookies
Functionality Cookies enable us to provide additional functions to you on Our Site such as personalisation and remembering your saved preferences. Some functionality Cookies may also be strictly necessary Cookies, but not all necessarily fall into that category.
- Targeting Cookies
It is important for us to know when and how often you visit Our Site, and which parts of it you have used (including which pages you have visited and which links you have visited). As with analytics Cookies, this information helps us to better understand you and, in turn, to make Our Site and advertising more relevant to your interests.
Third party Cookies are not placed by us; instead, they are placed by third parties that provide services to us and/or to you. Third party Cookies may be used by advertising services to serve up tailored advertising to you on Our Site, or by third parties providing analytics services to us (these Cookies will work in the same way as analytics Cookies described above).
- Persistent Cookies
Any of the above types of Cookie may be a persistent Cookie. Persistent Cookies are those which remain on your computer or device for a predetermined period and are activated each time you visit Our Site.
- Session Cookies
Any of the above types of Cookie may be a session Cookie. Session Cookies are temporary and only remain on your computer or device from the point at which you visit Our Site until you close your browser. Session Cookies are deleted when you close your browser.
- Some cookies on Our Site are not permanent and will expire as indicated in the table below.
- For more specific details of the Cookies that we use, please refer to the table below.
- What Cookies Does Our Site Use?
- The following first party Cookies may be placed on your computer or device:
|Name of Cookie||Purpose & Type||Strictly Necessary|
- The following third party Cookies may be placed on your computer or device:
|Name of Cookie||Purpose & Type||Provider||Strictly Necessary|
|_cfduid||Used by the content network, Cloudflare, to identify trusted web traffic. Expires after 1 year.||cdn.viglink.com||Yes|
|vuid||Collects data on the user’s visits to the website, such as which pages have been read. Expires after 2 years.||vimeo.com||No|
|dough/1.0/pageview.gif||Unclassified. Expires after session ends.||Shareaholic||No|
|GPS||Registers a unique ID on mobile devices to enable tracking based on geographical GPS location. Expires after 1 day.||youtube.com||No|
|IDE||Used by Google DoubleClick to register and report the website user’s actions after viewing or clicking on e of the advertiser’s ads with the purpose of measuring the efficacy of an ad and to present targeted ads to the user. Expires after 1 year.||doubleclick.net||No|
|PREF||Registers a unique ID that is used by Google to keep statistics of how the visitor uses YouTube videos across different websites. Expires after 8 months.||youtube.com||No|
|r/collect||This cookie is used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor’s device and behaviour. It tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels. Expires after session ends.||doubleclick.net||No|
|test_cookie||Used to check if the user’s browser supports cookies. Expires after 1 day.||doubleclick.net||No|
|vglnk.Agent.p||Collects data on visitor behaviour from multiple websites, in order to present more relevant advertisement – This also allows the website to limit the number of times that the visitor is shown the same advertisement. Expires after 29 days.||viglink.com||No|
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||Tries to estimate the users’ bandwidth on pages with integrated YouTube videos. Expires after 179 days.||youtube.com||No|
|YSC||Registers a unique ID to keep statistics of what videos from YouTube the user has seen. Expires after session ends.||youtube.com||No|
|yt.innertube::nextId||Registers a unique ID to keep statistics of what videos from YouTube the user has seen. Persistent; doesn’t expire.||youtube.com||No|
|yt.innertube::requests||Registers a unique ID to keep statistics of what videos from YouTube the user has seen. Persistent; doesn’t expire.||youtube.com||No|
|yt-player-two-stage-token||Unclassified. Persistent; doesn’t expire.||youtube.com||No|
|yt-remote-cast-installed||Stores the user’s video player preferences using embedded YouTube video. Expires after session ends.||youtube.com||No|
|yt-remote-connected-devices||Stores the user’s video player preferences using embedded YouTube video. Persistent; doesn’t expire.||youtube.com||No|
|yt-remote-device-id||Stores the user’s video player preferences using embedded YouTube video. Persistent; doesn’t expire.||youtube.com||No|
|yt-remote-fast-check-period||Stores the user’s video player preferences using embedded YouTube video. Expires after session ends.||youtube.com||No|
|yt-remote-session-app||Stores the user’s video player preferences using embedded YouTube video. Expires after session ends.||youtube.com||No|
|yt-remote-session-name||Stores the user’s video player preferences using embedded YouTube video. Expires after session ends.||Youtube.com||No|
|images/pixel.gif||Unclassified. Expires after session ends||cdn.viglink.com||No.|
- Our Site uses analytics services provided by Google Analytics. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse anonymous usage information, enabling us to better understand how Our Site is used. This, in turn, enables us to improve Our Site and the products and services offered through it. You do not have to allow Us to use these Cookies, however whilst Our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of Our Site, it does enable Us to continually improve Our Site, making it a better and more useful experience for you.
We use a ‘Facebook Pixel’ which is a ‘cookie’ embedded onto our website provided by Facebook that allow us to track the performance of our Facebook Ads, make optimizations, track conversions, and show personalized advertisements based on your interactions with our website. As well as for optimizing our Facebook Ads, the Facebook pixel also allows us to monitor overall website performance, such as monitoring website visits. You can learn more about the data Facebook pixels provide us with here: https://www.facebook.com/business/m/privacy-and-data
You can change your cookies preferences in the cookies consent banner at the bottom of our website.
- The analytics service(s) used by Our Site use(s) analytics Cookies to gather the required information.
- The analytics service(s) used by Our Site use(s) the following analytics Cookies:
|Name of Cookie||Purpose & Type||Provider||Strictly Necessary|
|collect||Used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor’s device and behavior. Tracks the visitor across|
devices and marketing channels.
|_ga||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||Google Analytics||No|
|_gat||Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate.||Google Analytics||No|
|_gid||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||Google Analytics||No|
- Consent and Control
- Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a pop-up requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling us to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of Our Site may not function fully or as intended.
- In addition to the controls that we provide, you can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all Cookies or only third party Cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
- The links below provide instructions on how to control Cookies in all mainstream browsers:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en-GB
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/278835
- Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/products/microsoft-edge (Please note that there are no specific instructions at this time, but Microsoft support will be able to assist)
- Safari (macOS): https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?viewlocale=en_GB&locale=en_GB
- Safari (iOS): https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-Cookies-website-preferences
- Android: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en (Please refer to your device’s documentation for manufacturers’ own browsers)
- Further Information
- For more information about privacy, data protection and our terms and conditions, please visit the following: