The portal to allow you to pay VAT deferred due to Covid-19 is now open
If you deferred paying any VAT between 20 March 2020 and 30 June 2020 you can now:-
- pay the deferred VAT in full, on or before 31 March 2021
- join the VAT deferral new payment scheme – the online service is open between 23 February 2021 and 21 June 2021
- contact HMRC on Telephone: 0800 024 1222 by 30 June 2021 if you need extra help to pay
The new scheme lets you:
- pay your deferred VAT in equal instalments, interest free
- choose the number of instalments, from 2 to 11 (depending on when you join)
If you decide not to join the scheme then the whole amount is due in full on 31 March 2021. If you don’t pay your VAT on time you may have to pay a penalty or interest.
You must have an online government gateway account to apply. Robson Laidler is unable to sign you up to do this so you will have to do this on your own online vat account.
For full details of the payment scheme and the online link to sign up visit.
If you would like our help in negotiating a time to pay arrangement over and above this scheme, either for additional vat periods, or you need more than 11 months to pay please get in touch with us to help you.