Pension Awareness Day 12th – 16th September – what do I need to be aware of exactly?
We all get bombarded with information 24/7 and to be honest, most of it isn’t good news at the moment!
So, it’s easy to put things off and, in our experience, most people don’t tend to “go there” with pensions.
If you get 10 minutes today consider…..
- How many pensions do I have?
- Do I know where they are all held? we find that people move house and sometimes forget to tell all of their providers
- How are they invested?
- Do I know what level of risk they are at and if that is right for me?
- How are they performing?
- What are the fund charges?
- What level of income would they provide me when I eventually switch the salary tap off?
- Should I consolidate them?
- What about my State Pension? https://www.gov.uk/check-state-pension
- How much income do I actually need?
- When can I retire?
There are some free information sessions being offered by Pensions Awareness Day which you might find useful https://pensionawarenessday.com/, however due to the recent passing of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II these will now run between Monday 31st October to Friday 4th November 2022.
We find that having an actual discussion about your own retirement aspirations is really helpful! Information is a good start but taking appropriate advice is essential. Book at retirement chat with one of our qualified financial planners at Robson Laidler Wealth: email@example.com or call 0191 281 8191.